Saturday, May 24, 2014

Home Machine Quilt Show in Salt Lake City

I went to the Home Machine Quilt Show in Salt Lake City May 7-11. It was the 11th year of the show that has classes with top teachers for all over the country and world. The classes were on longarm and domestic quilting. I took 3 classes which were Georgia Stull "101 Ways To Boost Your Quilting Business", Gina Perkes " Bling On" which was about crystals, beads and glitter, and Shelly Sieverkropp about making sure your quilts are square. I entered 2 quilts in the show to be judged and got good reviews. It was so neat to see my quilts displayed in a national show. My friend, Cindy entered to 2 quilts in the show. It was great to see Cindy and meet 2 new quilt friends( Vicki and Jo). Cindy lives in Salt Lake and meet her at MQX Portland 2011 as roommates. She has family in Oregon so I get to see her when she comes for a visit. Vicki is from Kansas City and was a Facebook friend of Cindy's. I had a roommate for 2 days from Rusk, Texas named Jo. She had entered 2 quilts in the show too. I ready enjoyed the classes, special exhibits, quilts show, vendors and a tour of the Temple Square and choir rehearsal of the Mormon Tabernacle choir. Here are pictures of some of the show. I didn't take a lot of pictures because I ordered the CD of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment