Sunday, June 23, 2013

Happy Summer

It is hard to believe that June is almost over and 4th of July will be here in a week or so. I didn't get much quilting done the first part of June due to family visiting. It was great to have my sister-in-law Wilma and brother-in-law Bob come for a visit. Bob had never been to Oregon and it had been 7 years since Wilma was out here. They got married 6 years ago and had meet Bob only once. My father-in- law Gene has been visiting with us since the end of May. He will fly back to Denver on Wed and my sister-in-law Wendy will drive him back to Kansas. I did start a quilt project last week with my Accuquilt. I made a table runner with a pattern from Quiltmaker 100 blocks with bright batiks. I received 2 quilts from Shari last week too. She made a comfort quilt for the guild and a pirate quilt. I started on the comfort quilt and have it almost done. Next month, I'm taking a 2 day class with Melinda Bula at Sisters Quilterfaire. We are staying a week at Tumalo State Park for a week. We will attend the Sisters Quilt Show on Sat. We plan to explore the area that we haven't seen since we moved here. I'm the new secretary of my quilt guild and will start on July 2. It will be a fun summer. This is a picture of your camping trip to Ft Stevens State Park near Astoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment