Saturday, February 2, 2013

My 1st Customer Quilt

I finished my 1st customer quilt on Jan 31. My neighbor, Brenda asked me in Dec if I could make a quilt for the 1st grandchild which will be born in March. She know that the baby was going to be a boy which helped in picking fabric. I looked thur several magazines and found a cute quilt in McCalls Quick Quilts Aug/Sept 2012 called Toddle Time. The pattern size was 39x39 but Brenda wanted it bigger. The pattern had 6 rows and made it 8 rows. It looked better with 8 rows than 7 rows. The quilt size is 50 1/4 x 50 1/4 which is alittle bit bigger than a baby quilt. Brenda wanted to pick the fabric with my help so went to Craftwarehouse which had a great selection of kids prints and reasonable prices. I changed the pattern to have a solid block alternate with a angle block. It was very easy to piece and then I quilted it with my edge to edge pattern design called Playful. I asked if Brenda wanted a label on it. I explained to her what the label was and the reason for having one on the quilt. She decided yes so I asked Paige to make a label. The label turned out super with Brenda words to her new grandson. I'm waiting to hear from Brenda this weekend to give it to her. It was a lot of fun to make and the quilt is so cute. I will post some pictures of the quilt and label.

1 comment:

  1. I love your quilt and that label is adorable. He's going to love his snugly quilt :-) Well done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete