Monday, October 29, 2012

MQX West

I attended MQX which is Machine Quilting Expo in Portland on Oct 17-20. I stayed at the Red Lion Inn near the convention center. I decided to find a roommate to help with the cost of the room. MQX had a place on their website to apply for a roommate. I was very lucky to find a wonderful roommate from Utah that has a long arm quilting business. Her name is Cindy. It is great to have a new friend. I meet her friend Sally who lives in Sisters. I took several classes on starting a quilting business: 1) Creating a Website Sally Terry 2) Step System to Building Your Professial Long Arm Business Sally Terry 3) Your Worth It: Pricing Your Work Dawn Cavanaugh 4) Practical Guides for Machine Quilting Business DeLoa Jones I got alot of get ideas for my business. I really enjoyed Sally Terry and she is from Paducah, KY. I took 2 classes on Art and Stitch with Linda Matteotti which I don't have but was overall view of how to design your own designs. I went to the Banquet
on Friday night which was fun. Kim Brunner was the speaker. I meet a gentlemen from Seattle and 3 ladies from Spokane. Saturday, I went downtown to the Saturday Market and Voodoo Donut Shop before going home. I ran into Sally Terry twice and took her about the MAX. I gave her my free ticket to go to the airport later that day. I will post a few pictures of the Quilt Show/Vendors, view from our room and downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment